I love writing these posts each year as a way to document the reflection that happens during this season – and to say thank you to those that made the last year what it was.
So, for 2012, I say thank you to…
- To Krystal for working her magic with me to present another award-winning workshop at the UBC SLC (from Denmark)
- To the Mermates for helping me learn how to swim (fast)
- To The Artist’s Way for reinvigorating my creative energy
- To the European Yogi Nomads for traveling to Basel to spend a weekend on the mat together
- To Servio, Martin, Fred, and Julian for taking the top spot in VCIC Copenhagen and making our trek to VCIC Oxford a blast
- To Ciara for the great conversation and recommendations en route to Cork, Ireland (and helping me cross off #51 on my 100 before 100)
- To Derek for celebrating St Patrick’s Day with me in Dublin (#65 off the list!)
- To the European Yogi Nomads for invading Copenhagen and bringing your practice to our home
- To Kai and his Finnish family for showing me the joy of a true Finnish Sauna
- To the lululemon Chelsea crew for allowing me to share in the excitement of your wicked opening weekend
- To Jens for me my newest tattoo
- To my entire MBA class for surviving the Swedish wilderness together
- To Joe + Pete for making Copie a stop along your worldly jaunt
- To Obama for publicly supporting same-sex marriage in the US #abouttime
- To Anja for opening up her home in Gothenburg during the Nordic Yoga Games
- To DOgle for making Legoland more fun than I imagined
- To Adam and Darryl for coming to my workshop in London and rocking out to Coldplay together
- To Karen for inviting me along to celebrate in your graduation. #soproud
- To Jo for keeping me posted on my sis’ progress in Ironman CdA while I stayed up all night following along
- To Henrik for allowing Martin and I to enjoy the European Yogi Nomad invasion in Gothernburg
- To Woo for riding that awful bike around Copie (sorry!) and still smiling(ish)
- To Josh for picnics in Copie, exciting nights during Sitges Pride, and for running with me and the bulls in Pamplona
- To Geoff for wondering what the Queen’s name was at 3 am with me
- To Avery, Pam, Darryl, Zoe, Mama Higgs, Topa, Steph, Mom and Dad for coming to celebrate my birthday and my MBA graduation in Copie (and to Martin, Michael, Karen, and Adam for being there all year long!)
- To my MBA crew for making a year at CBS worthwhile
- To Nick, Liz, Mike, Rich, and Felix for an unforgettable meal at NOMA
- To Kai and Jolene for organizing a surprise birthday gift of giving out Free Hugs overseas (#101 on the list)
- To Cait, Mike, and Jacki for helping Steph during Ironman #2 of the year!
- To Copenhagen – for everything
- To Amy and Michael for making your wedding the perfect reason to come to NYC and meet up with great people en route back to Van
- To Ale and Anthony for bringing together an incredible group of people to celebrate your wedding in Mexico
- To Steph for reminding me what partnership takes while I transitioned back to Vancouver
- To Jason Mraz for making your concerts feel like home
- To Mike Nichols for reminding me what yoga on the beach feels like #epic
- To the first year student at Sauder Frosh who did all those push-ups – thanks for playing along with me during my talk
- To Christa and Justin for hosting us so graciously during Ironman Hawaii
- To that cop on the highway for letting us cross the street to cheer on Steph up close
- To Steph, for reminding me what big, juicy, goal-crushing looks like #alohalove
- To Mikey P for rocking out Paleo-style with me (yeah 2nd place!)
- To the AFest crew for a weekend in Mexico that gave me exactly what I needed when I needed it
- To Adam, Ange, Zoe, Avery, Felicia, and Josh for an amazing weekend of surfing (and werewolves) in Ucluelet
- To my lululemon crew for reminding what it feels like to celebrate together
- To my entire family (from the east to the west) for the sweetest little Christmas festivities there ever were
And thank you to you – you faithful friend and reader.
Its pretty darn rad to be able to share this world with you.
May God bless your 2013, your heart lead you forward, and your smile light up the dark spots.
Big love to you!